Phew. Last week was crazy. I spent a lot of long days getting ready for a craft show and baking for 2 parties, and didn’t have time to cook real food, clean the house, or sit down for a minute.
Potato & Leek Soup
Time – 30 minutes
– 4-5 medium white potatoes, cut into small cubes. (I leave the skin on but you can remove it if you prefer)
– 4 leeks (just the light green and white parts), cleaned and sliced into rings.
– 9 cups vegetable stock.
– 2 tablespoons butter
1. Melt the butter in a large pot. Add leeks and saute for about 5 minutes.
2. Add potatoes and stock, bring to a boil and simmer for about 25 minutes, until the potatoes are very soft.
3. Use an immersion blender to blend the soup right in the pot until it is nice an smooth.
If you don’t have an immersion blender, the soup is just as tasty unblended. Serve with multigrain toast, salt and pepper.