Happy Friday! I’m planning a quiet night at home tonight, followed by a loud day on Saturday with the kids (I’m on babysitting duty tomorrow night). I’m working on some great invitations and getting some new items up in my shop. Hopefully it will be a fun and productive weekend!
Here are a few of my favorite things from the internet this week:
– Great navy color schemes from Hey Look
– Amazing NYC roof garden on Honestly WTF
– Pretty Garden Sketches from Wit & Whistle
– Delicious-looking kale and quinoa cakes from Joy the Baker
– Container Gardening Tips from Apartment Therapy
– I need these signs for my house
I am baking for our family’s Easter party this weekend, and I made these Easter Egg sugar cookies yesterday. Usually I decorate actual eggs, but these are much tastier. I have a few more things on my list to make, including some of this good stuff:
– The Secret to Chocolate Chip Cookies via America’s Test Kitchen
– This Asparagus Gruyere Tart from Martha Stewart has been on my list of things to try for a while, and I had it at the shower I went to last weekend – it was amazing!
– Jello in Real Eggs from Just a Taste is hilarious, and I am thinking of giving it a try.
– If you’re crazy, you might try this tutorial from Shauna Sever – How to Make Your Own Marshmallow Peeps.
– This Arugula Pistachio Pesto from Love and Olive Oil looks delicious.
– I have a huge craving for these Mussels in White Wine Sauce and might give them a try next week.
– The 100 Greatest Cooking Tips of All Time from The Food Network.
Have a great (and delicious) weekend!
I love this quote because it reminds me to be prepared. I can’t go shopping without a list because otherwise I end up with a cart full of food and nothing that I really want. I’m working on getting better at planning my business and my life, making sure that my energy and effort is going towards things I really want to be doing. March has been a really fantastic month for me, and I’m so lucky to get to keep doing the things that I love. All of this is possible because I decided what I really wanted, and now I’m going for it.
There are so many wonderful people on the internet that inspire me to keep doing good things every day. Here are some of my favorite posts from the past week:
– DIY Grocery Bag Easter Baskets from ellinée
– Pretty Birthday Party from Somewhere Splendid
– Cookie Dough Marshmallows from Love & Olive Oil (last time I tried to make marshmallows it was a sticky mess, but these ones look too delicious not to try)
– Great, Affordable Furniture Picks from Restored Style (I have my eye on the gray Ikea buffet for our dining room)
– Love this Outfit from Kendi Everyday
This weekend is one of the first in a while that we don’t have any travel plans. I’m looking forward to doing some cleaning, organizing and cooking. There are some awesome things that I found on the internet this week that are inspiring me.
– This bathroom from Manhattan Nest is inspiring me to finally paint our bathroom. (I bought dark blue paint in September and have been afraid to use it).
– A paint job makes a boring table amazing on Yellow Brick Home.
– Camille Styles starts a series on improving your photo skills.
– A beautiful wall of votives from Teal & Lime.
– The most organized pantry ever from The Social Home.
– I’m totally making these Freezer Chicken Pot Pies from America’s Test Kitchen.
Happy Friday everyone! I had a really great birthday on Wednesday, and I got some hot pink jeans that may or may not be appropriate apparel for a 32-year-old woman. But I don’t care and I will be wearing them anyway. Our house has somehow become a disaster area, so I’ll be spending the weekend trying to organize and clean a bit. Fun!
Here are some of my favorite things from the internet this week:
– DIY Confetti Tablecloth from Oh Happy Day
– DIY Dip Dye Curtains from Michael Penney Style
– Downton Abbey Paper Dolls!!!!
– I love this wedding from 100 Layer Cake
– DIY Nail & String Letters from jk jk
My oven has been on for 2 days straight, as I am baking for a few parties and getting Valentine’s Day treats ready. I used disco dust (edible glitter) for the first time this morning, and I can get enough of it. I was to cover everything I eat with pink glitter.
The internet is full of super-creative ideas for things to make your sweethearts next week:
– Crazy creative homemade candy necklaces from Bakingdom via Not Martha
– Valentine’s Day Heart Punch Napkins from Make, Grow, Gather
– Pretty Lace Heart Cookies from Sugarbelle (I am making these today)
– Ruffle Fondant Cupcakes from Jessicakes
– Cherry Vanilla Layer Cake from Sprinkle Bakes